Log in to Add/Edit events.
« All Events
FIND OUT WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO AVOID THAT DREADED 50% PENALTY
JOIN US AT
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH
BLUEBONNET REGIONAL BRANCH LIBRARY
Dates, Times & Location
Thursday January 30th 6:00 p.m.
DREW PELTON, PRESIDENT & FOUNDER, CFS,ChFC, IAR – DREW PELTON INVESTMENT SERVICES
How The New Law Will Impact Your Retirement Accounts Starting In 2020
Recent changes to qualified retirement accounts and IRS mandated Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) bring advantages and disadvantages. Some changes have the potential to be beneficial; however, you must make sure you are working with the current and up-to-date information so you can avoid costly mistakes.
MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE NEW LAW
As of 2020, the new law mandates you start taking RMDs from your qualified retirement accounts once you reach age 72. The new provisions can be complex, with unforgiving consequences. Make one small error and you, and/or your heirs could be hit with severe penalties. This presentation will bring clarity to how the new changes impact your retirement, and how to avoid IRS problems.
BE INFORMED! TOPICS WE’LL COVER INCLUDE:
• Provisions of the new SECURE Act (Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act), just passed into law December 2019, that you must follow to be in compliance with the IRS
• How to calculate your RMDs considering the new law
• How the age change and the timing for RMD withdrawals will effect you
• Whether Roth conversions make sense considering the latest changes
• Tax-saving strategies to offset additional taxes that could result from your RMDs
• Asset allocation strategies to help you avoid cannibalizing (adversely depleting) your principal when you are taking RMD distributions
This complimentary educational event is provided as a public service and comes with no obligation.
Make sure your RMD strategy is optimized best for you. Find out what you need to know to avoid the 50% IRS penalty!
Reservations are required. Seating is limited and fills quickly
Register by phone at: (844) 336-2236 (Toll Free, 24 hours)
Or online at: www.youRSVP.com and enter code JEMYED